Public Works Permits
The City issues encroachment permits for all work performed on the public right-of-way by private developers, contractors or utility companies.
For placement of a dumpster, refuse bin, or temporary moving pod on the City's right-of-way, a Public Property Encroachment Permit and an applicable Certificate of Insurance are required. The City of Laguna Niguel has an exclusive Franchise Agreement with CR&R Environmental Services, Inc. and only CR&R may be used for dumpster placement on public right-of-way throughout the City.
If a resident wishes to utilize their private driveway to place a dumpster, refuse bin, or temporary moving pod, an Encroachment Permit will not be required.
To obtain an Encroachment Permit for placement of a dumpster, refuse bin, or temporary moving pod, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, please call (949) 362-4337.
Utility Companies can submit requests for an encroachment permit online by clicking on the link to eTrakit.
For all other encroachment permit submittals please use the Encroachment Permit Application below and email to email@example.com
- Encroachment Permit Application
- Encroachment Permit Instructions
- Encroachment Activity Inspection Request
- Request for Encroachment Deposit Release
- Encroachment Permit General Fee Schedule
- Encroachment Permit - Insurance Requirements
A transportation permit is required when movement of vehicles/loads exceeding statutory limitations on the length, width, height and weight of vehicles as contained in Division 15 of the California Vehicle Code.
Transportation permits are obtained on-line; by clicking on the link to eTrakit.
(See Transportation Permit - Application Instructions for eTrakit.)
- Transportation-Permit-Application Instructions
- Transportation Permit Provisions
- Transportation Permit - Authorized Truck Routes
- Transportation Permit - Insurance Requirements