Transportation is necessary for seniors to remain mobile to keep their social independence with friends and family; to reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness, and many other life-prolonging benefits. The resources below are designed to help get seniors where they need to go. All programs, prices and registration requirements are subject to change, so check schedules before planning your trip.
City of Laguna Niguel Senior Mobility Program
Through OCTA Measure M2 funding, this service provides transportation service through a City contract with California Yellow Cab roundtrip transportation from Laguna Niguel residents’ home to the Sea Country Senior & Community Center, non-emergency medical appointments to Saddleback Memorial Hospital, Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, and Mission Hospital in Laguna Beach and/or grocery stores located in Laguna Niguel. This program provides curb-to-curb service on demand from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. To qualify for this program you must be a Laguna Niguel resident and at least 60 years of age or older. Applications can be obtained online, by calling the front desk at (949) 425-5151 to mail you an application, or in person at the front desk of the center (24602 Aliso Creek Rd.). In addition, on September 15, 2020, the Laguna Niguel City Council approved temporary enhancements for current users of the Senior Mobility Program. These enhancements include temporarily increasing the monthly maximum total of round trips per rider to 24 trips (equivalent to 48 one-way trips) to be used at the participant’s discretion. Participants may choose from a pre-approved list for transportation to non-emergency medical appointments, grocery stores, and the Sea Country Senior & Community Center. The center still remains closed until further notice, however you can utilize the transportation program to pick up a “Grab & Go” lunch from 11:00am-1:00pm.
- Fill out the application and waiver form
- Provide proof of residency, by either showing your Driver’s License or a utility bill (scanned copy is fine)
- Submit your application to Sea Country Senior & Community Center by:
- Mail: 24602 Aliso Creek Rd. Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (949) 425-5161
- Sea Country Senior & Community Staff will review your application
- If approved, you will be mailed or e-mailed directions for scheduling your upcoming trips
- If denied, you will be mailed or e-mailed an explanation for reasons you didn’t meet eligibility
Local Transportation Services
Click here for programs and more information. To print this information at home, download the Local Transportation Guide for Seniors brochure here. For questions, contact Sea Country Senior & Community Center for Seniors Resources at (949) 425-5151.