HOA Education Program
Laguna Niguel is a master planned community in South Orange County with over 120 Homeowner Associations. Each HOA is governed by a set of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) that protect, preserve, and enhance property values in the community. While the HOA's are governed by a Board of Directors guided by the CC&Rs, HOA's are still subject to the Laguna Niguel Zoning Code and Ordinances. This page was created as part of the City's HOA Education Program to share information and provide resources for HOA Boards and Property Managers.
From time to time the City reaches out to HOA Property Managers and Board Members. Please notify the City of any contact updates for your HOA HOA@CityOfLagunaNiguel.org
Save the Date - HOA Outreach Meeting on November 10th
To subscribe for the City's quarterly newsletter and receive City specific updates and resources specific to Laguna Niguel's Homeowners Associations, please fill out our HOA Online Form by clicking the button below.
- Save the Date - HOA Outreach Meeting on Thursday, November 10
- ASK Laguna Niguel
- Orange County Fire Authority - Home Protection
- Moulton Niguel Water District - Statewide Drought Emergency: Resilient Together
- Save the Date - H2O for HOAs Education Event
- The Third Certainty of Life: Maintenance
- CAI-OC Symposium and Expo 2022
- SHOW ME THE MONEY - How to Pay for Common Area Maintenance and Repairs
- HOA Outreach Meeting on Thursday, March 31
- The HOA Show Podcast
- OCPL Mobile Library
- Assembly Bill 38 Defensible Space Inspections
- Assembly Bill 1775 Homeowners' Association
- A Message from Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- HOA Outreach Meeting on November 3, 2021 Recap
- Proper Waste Disposal and Christmas Tree Recycling Services
- Senate Bill 9
- Proposed Water Regulations Due to Severe Drought
- Save the Date - Spring 2022 HOA Outreach Meeting
News and Events for HOA's
Previously Held Meetings
HOA Outreach Meeting March 31, 2022
This meeting included presentations from Orange County Fire Authority, CR&R, and Community Associations Institute. These meetings will be scheduled bi-annually. Slides from the presentations can be downloaded below.
- OCFA Wildfire Mitigation Presentation Slides
- CR&R Waste and Recycling Presentation Slides
- CAI-OC for Homeowner Leaders Presentation Slides
HOA Outreach Meeting November 3, 2021
As part of the HOA Education Program, HOA Board Members and Property Managers were invited to an informational lunch meeting that included presentations from OCFA and MNWD. We had a great turnout this year. These meetings will be scheduled bi-annual. Slides from the presentations can be downloaded below.
Homeowner Fire Safety Tips
Prepare for the Rainy Season
As we enter the rainy season, please take a moment to inspect all of the concrete drains (V-ditches) located in your community for any debris or blockages including:
- Vegetation over the v-ditch
- Other material blocking drain
Please remove any vegetation growing over the v-ditch. If blocked, the V-ditch cannot properly convey water and could cause the drain to overflow and create erosion, possibly leading to slope instability or costly property damage. In addition, if some portions of the V-ditch are damaged or cracked, please repair or seal those portions. These corrective actions should be taken as soon as possible.
Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Please see the handout on slope maintenance on the City website for more information. If you have any questions, please email Code Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (949) 362-4300.